November and December 2017
- The fall election resulted in a new school board consisting of three returning, Jody Trembecki, Shaun Roth and Melanie Chapman, and three new trustees, Kathi Jacobson, Pat Connors, and Melanie Reed-Zukowski. In October, the new board was sworn in and the new trustees have been oriented. The new board elected Jody Trembecki as the Board Chair and Shaun Roth as Board Vice Chair.
- The trustees have been assigned to the various committees and have started attending committee meetings.
- The trustees were excited that the Grasslands Professional Development Day in early November made the topic cultural awareness a main focus.
- The trustees enjoyed participating in the Employee Recognition Evening and celebrating those with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 years of service, as well as those staff new to Grasslands. Thanks to the ladies in Central Office for all of their efforts in planning and preparing for this lovely evening.
- In November, trustees attended both the Public School Boards Association of Alberta Fall General Meeting and the Alberta School Boards Association Fall General Meeting in Edmonton. New trustees appreciated the orientation sessions which were provided.
- The press release highlighting results of the Accountability Pillar for the Grasslands School Division is posted on the website. The Accountability Pillar is an indication of how the division is doing compared to the rest of the province.
- The trustees are pleased to share that the modernization at Eastbrook Elementary School is proceeding on schedule.
- The trustees would like to recognize the efforts of all of those who work very hard to plan and organize the wide variety of seasonal activities in December, such as Christmas concerts, winter carnivals, family fun nights, plays, turkey dinners, fiddle performances, Christmas open-houses, sing-alongs, band performances and class parties. Your efforts are noticed and appreciated by the trustees, parents and community members who attend these events. The Grasslands School Board Trustees wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, as well as an enjoyable and safe school holiday.