Board Bits for March
- Grasslands School Board trustees have approved the School Calendar for 2017-2018. The calendar can be viewed at www.grasslands.ab.ca.
- Trustees have passed second reading of the School Closure Policy. Third reading will likely not happen until the provincial government approves the Education Act. It is hoped the Education Act is approved this year.
- Trustees will be busy this month interviewing candidates for the position of Superintendent. Superintendent David Steele will be retiring in August.
- Trustees were to meet with Education Minister David Eggen last month, but it was postponed with a possible visit from the minister this month.
- The Grasslands Board continues its work with the Brooks Campus of Medicine Hat College with plans for the two to work cooperatively together in the future.
Agendas and Grasslands Board meeting dates can be seen on the main webpage at www.grasslands.ab.ca